Visit Borivaliassembly.net

Sunday, July 28, 2013

King Asa and God

* 2 Chron 15: 9 Then he assembled all Judah and Benjamin and the people from Ephraim, Manasseh and Simeon who had settled among them, for large numbers had come over to him from Israel *when they saw that the**Lord his God was with him.*

Many people joined the revival because of a single man ASA. When they saw Asa, His life, His behavior, his godly discipline, his pursuit of holiness and subjection of his enemies: they couldn't help but see that the LORD God was with him. It was not simply Asa, but they along with Asa were looking at God. His life became the evidence of things not seen. Through a visible Asa, the people saw the invisible God. This led to people to respond in faith and and revival was born. 

The people lived in a period when they realized no God, no teachings of priest or no law.(v3) Things they knew about God was simply vague or just on paper or in head. 

All changed when they saw the life of Asa. His life became the substance of things hoped for. His faith in God could not be evaded. His faith led others to believe. He was the light pointing out to a city build on a hill, an eternity and a world to come, another kingdom. His life became what people otherwise would not see.

*they saw:* Gen_39:3; 1Sa_18:28 ; 1Ki_3:28 ; Zec_8:21-23; Act_7:9-10, Act_9:31

For me as a Christian, I see that the Lord is not simply with me, but in me. Over the new testament, it becomes more powerful and an imperative for me as a Christian to live like Asa. It's no more me, But CHRIST IN me. Lord Jesus came to be WITH us -Emmanuel, but when He left this world, He sent His Spirit to dwell IN me. Paul says that Christ in You, the Hope of glory.  And so people around me should see Christ and the glory of eternity I hope for.  My life ought to be the evidence of things not seen and substance of things hoped for.  My transformation from one glory to another glory, even the glory of the Image of God Lord Jesus Christ should be visible. 

1 may read the bible, 99 may read Christian.- D. L Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment